The 51011 CLEAR REINFORCED KINK-PROOF TIGER HOSE is meant to work with the W610-P Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump High volume, self-priming, reversible, metal ballast pump and Fly High Fatsacs. Best for automatic ballast systems. Not made in the USA but a high-quality pump endorsed by Fly High.
The 51011 CLEAR REINFORCED KINK-PROOF TIGER HOSE is meant to work with the W610-P Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump is designed to pump water into Fly High Fat Sacs and when reversed will also pump water out of them. It has a flow rate of 540 gallons per hour, so it can fill most ballast tanks in about five minutes. It is equipped with a Run-Dry Protection Device to automatically shut-off the pump and protects the impeller from run-dry damage should the pump be mistakenly left on after the Ballast Tank is empty. The Ballast Puppy also features ignition protection which allows the use of this pump in the engine compartment unlike its less expensive cousin the Simer Pump. This is the same pump used to fill and drain OEM ballast systems in Mastercraft Wakeboard Boats, 2009 Supra Wakeboard Boats, 2009 Moomba Wakeboard Boats, Correct Craft Wakeboard boats, and Centurion Wakeboard Boats.
How to create a Piggy-Back setup in your rear lockers so that you can use your existing pumps and switches to fill the additional Fly High FatSacs
Unless the boat is an X-Star, X2, Super Air, Tige ZX2 or ZX3, or PNP ready, Fly High FatSac does not have a pre-made set up for that boat. The first thing you will want to do when dealing with boats for which we do not have a kit is getting the sizes of the lockers. Most manufacturers will recommend a max of 900 pounds in a rear locker. Even Moomba on their Mondo and Makai which are massive say no more than 900lbs.
Once you’ve determined how much space you have to work with, the piggyback system is the same. The vent line for the factory sac becomes the fill line for the locker sac. If the boat is using directional pumps you splice an empty line into the existing empty line. You will also need to use a W753 check valve on the fill and empty lines if the pumps are not reversible. Then run a new vent line off the top of the locker sac. The fittings are simple, one W746 and one W743-SS per hose.
If the boat has reversible pumps (Johnson or Jabsco) you make the vent line the new fill/empty line, and run a new vent line off the locker sac. You do not need check valves on a reversible pump system. One W746 and one W743-SS per hose.
1. Call Mike Seipel at 561-523-1947 and let him know the year, make, the model of your boat and what you want to accomplish.
How to Hook Up an Automatic Ballast System. The Best Possible Way is by Keeping it Basic!
Required parts for EACH Pro X Series Fat Sac you will need the following:
1 each of (W610-P) – Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump (high volume,
For each Pro X Series Fat Sac, you will need the following;
1. 1 x (W610-P) Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump high volume, self-priming, reversible pump with the fill-empty switch.
2. about 25 feet (51011 CLEAR REINFORCED KINK-PROOF TIGER HOSE Fits 1″ or 11/8″ fittings
3. 2 x (W743-SS) 11/8″ Quick Connect – Sac Valve Thread – screw these into Pro X Series Fat Sac with all Purpose PVC Cement..
6. 6 x (558031-clamp) 316 stainless steel worm drive hose clamp 5/16″-1 1/2″ clamp diameter range
7. 2 x Thru Hulls One for the bottom of the boat to fill and empty through plus one for the vent/overflow
8. Adequate length of electrical wire to wire up the Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump (NOT INCLUDED)
NOTE: The vent overflow thru-hull fitting needs to be higher then